Tax credits &
Looking for tax credits, incentives, grants, and financial assistance available to apprentices and tradespersons?
You'll find links to many right here.
- Tradesperson's Deduction for tools
You may be able to deduct the cost of eligible tools you bought to earn employment income as a tradesperson
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
Your employer can receive a credit of up to $2000 just for hiring you.
- Deduction for tools for an eligible apprentice mechanic
You may also be able to deduct a part of the cost of eligible tools you bought to earn employment income as an eligible apprentice mechanic.
- Tax savings... working for you!
You can benefit from the numerous credits, benefits, and tax cuts.
- Apprentice Grants: Take advantage of the Apprentice Incentive Grant (AIG) and the Apprentice Completion Grant (ACG).
- Canada Student Loans and Grants
- The Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP): Use your RRSP to finance your training or education
- ScholarshipsCanada.com: Canada's foremost Web site for scholarships, student awards, and bursaries.
- The Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG)
Your province also offers unique financial options for your training and career.
Tax and benefit information for tradespersons: Explore the many reasons you need to file an income tax and benefit return.